Information about Building Permits:

The homeowner is responsible fro attaining a permit then certificate of occupancy.

Permits are required for new or replacement wood, gas, or pellet appliances. Contact your building department for specifics on the process. Each municipality have different requirements but they all have an application that needs to be completed by the homeowner. When going to the town, you will need:

  • Make and model
  • Installation specifications- manual or fact sheet
  • How it will be installed
  • Who is installing-if a contractor (Fire Glow or your own) is installing, you will need to provide the License number and insurance information